Some of the things that make our school great:
- We are a 1:1 school district for grades 3-12. This means that all kids have their own chromebooks at the school for grades 3-6. Starting in the 7th grade all kids are able to take their chromebooks home to complete online curriculum.
- Part of the online curriculum includes NWEA MAP testing and Compass Learning. The MAP scores allow us to create accommodated online curriculum into Compass Learning for all students K-8, to help improve student academic growth and performance.
- Curriculum Mapping is completed and implemented at all grade levels.
- We are in the second year of a two year process of implementing Formative Instructional Practices (FIP) in all grades for teachers and students to collect data for learning.
- Our district has created a new District Improvement Plan.
Additional Facts About USV:
- USV is located in the rural farming community of McGuffey, Ohio.
- The mascot is the Ram. USV's mascot was named the Ram as an acronym for the first letter of the three surrounding communities we serve; Roundhead, Alger, and McGuffey.
- USV is also known for being the first school in Ohio to have won a State Championship in Girls and Boys basketball in the same year.